Ridgebackchat Forum Index Ridgebackchat
The on-line community for all us owners, enthusiasts and new comers to Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When do these things stop growing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex & Ernesto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: When do these things stop growing? Reply with quote

Hey there,

Ernesto is 10 months, 96 pounds, long and a stocky lean build.

I want him to be a bit taller.
He is not fixed though (I decided not to based on some interesting posts I read here a while ago about fixing puppies).

Does anyone have any idea when un-neutered males will typically stop growing taller?

Thanks and enjoy the Spring...

Alex

p.s. some guy on a street car stopped me yesterday because he organizes monthly Ridgeback meet-ups here in Toronto..how cool is that!
Shody & Leonidas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 's big. I can relate, my boy was 100 lbs. at 10 mo. I took him with me to a specialty last month, and he was probably the biggest RR there. I got lots of comments on his size.

I have been told they can grow until 18 mo. to 2 years. I have even heard of some lines and breeds that don't fully mature until later than that. 2 years is usally a good rule of thumb. Is his back end higher than his front? There has been a discussion of this on another list. It is very common for the rear to get higher during growth spurts, and the front to catch up. My boy was very much higher in the rear until recently. He is now 14 mo. so I am hoping he is done getting taller and will just fill out. We'll see.

And very cool on meeting other RR owners! I wish I had some in my area....Haven't met any yet.

My Babies - Leonidas & Meile
www.pbase.com/shody
Fi&Katowaggytail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but I think about 2 years old... My boy was neutered at 3 when in the kennels. He is 29" and 8st 4lbs / 53kgs. Very Happy
Michelle & Cowpani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually by 11 months but they fill out up till they are two.. Both my boys height was done by 10 months.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world.." Ghandi
Vasquez and Kinza

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinza is 11 months and i thought the growing would slow down, she's 33kg and showing no signs of slowing at the moment, she is starting to fill out so hopefully the growth upwards and outwards will slow to make way for the filling out. Her dad was a big boy so chances are she might be a big girl, i thought she was above average wight for her age until i read some of the weights of the ridgeys on this site now 33kg female at 11 months doesnt seem so big, although she towers over my friends fully grown Ridgey......and is so powerful when she wants to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ridgebackchat Forum Index -> On the sofa... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: